How can we help today?
< Back to all Questions

Do I have to get a Component Type Approval for my road vehicle component?

No.  Component type approvals are NOT mandatory.  However, it is expected that vehicle manufacturers will be attracted to components with a Component Type Approval as it will streamline their Vehicle Type Approval applications and ongoing responsibilities.